Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Cuckoo People

So every now and then, these people will come around my school and ask random people on campus if they're native-born Americans so they could put them to sign their petitions. In that process, they'll ask if you're a registered voter and kind of push you to register if you're not one already.

I honestly extremely dislike to interact with these people for a small number of reasons. One of which was that my first encounter with these people kind of pressured me to register to vote when I had absolutely no desire to register at all. I still don't want to be registered, but here I am. "But Doji, it's good to be registered! You can blah blah this and blah blah that!" Shut up, I have my reasons.

However, there's nothing wrong with signing their petitions. They always have good causes to stand up for, such as more money for cancer research, gun control, etc.; all that good stuff. They're stuff I'd sign a petition for if I'm in the mood to do so.
What I have noticed is that these people, in my opinion, almost always tend to look like those weird people you might see and run into on the streets of LA. I'm talking about those people that have a sense that they probably have a screw loose in the head and might sometimes start a random conversation while you're minding your own business and you want to break it off with them but don't want to be rude to them.
Those petitioners seem look like those kind of people. I drew a couple of 'em right here!
I dub these people the "Cuckoo People" since they usually tend to look like those "cuckoo" people on the streets of LA. I just realized how long of an exposition I typed up just so I can introduce the drawing.

I apologize if I came off a bit of an a-hole on this post, but I really wanted to make my point across on this subject. I'll end off this post on a light note by saying that these people were extremely fun to characterize since they just look so...so...well, that.
Now I hope to see more of these people just so I can draw 'em.