Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sneak Peak: Working Character Design

A long time ago, and I mean a REALLY  loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, like at the start of this blog's very existence, I talked about a project that dealt with a setting that took place in the future. I probably brought it up again a couple times throughout these last few years, but I know that I haven't talked about it at all as of late.

Long story short about that project, it's another series that I'm currently developing along side "Codename: Summer Vacation" (which I'm finally working to give it an actual official title for it now). This particular series takes place about 300 years in the future, and it goes by the name "Class of 2422." It was easier to title this one.
From the name, you can probably guess that it centers around a group of students that are in their Senior year of high school, one school year away from graduating. And the kicker? It takes place IN THE FUTURE. WOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOO.
And if you didn't guess that, well I just told you the general jist of the series. Obviously, the setting is definitely not important at all, but I have always wanted to do something with a futuristic setting so I can come up and make my own predictions about how our world and society will change 300 years from now. Seriously, imagine how different our world was 300 years ago! Crazy amount of changes and developments have occurred these past centuries!

Speaking of developments in the world of tomorrow, I'd like to show off one of characters in the cast of this series! She's an Android robot that looks, speaks, and acts like a human in every way! May I introduce Kate-T36229!
...or parts of Kate-T36229. We'll just go by Kate-T3 for short.
The top image is Kate-T3, but literally in a deconstructed form. As of currently, her appearance and personality are still being worked on since I admittedly haven't given her much attention. I really disliked how I previously designed her; she's gone through different redesigns, all of which I was never satisfied with, so I'm glad that I can finally just really focus in on how she should be. More of the character development has been spent more on the two human stars of the series rather than everyone else, but I think I've done as much as I can with those two because now I have an Android, an alien, a third gendered human, and a completely out-of-touch country girl that really needs my attention to overall character development.
Oh yeah, by the way there's an alien, a third gendered human, and a completely out-of-touch country girl in the series, so that's gonna be fun.

The second image is more of an idea of how to design a robot body. As of now, I currently draw any Android character (which is only just this one) the same as how I'd draw a human (because you know, advancements in humanoid robots exists), but I'm toying around with the idea if I should distinguish appearances between humans and robots or not.

Either way, I can't wait to show off progress of these characters soon.