Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Design Upgrading Complete!

I am happy to announce that I've finally finished the design upgrades and color finalization of all the characters in the line-up!
Here they are, in their finalized designs and coloring!

Here's the old coloring and designs as a comparison:
So, what are the differences and changes that were made?
I'm glad you asked!


Here are the differences by character.
Chris: I got rid of the white long sleeve shirt under his red shirt and replaced his pants with shorts. Cargo shorts, to be exact. I've always been indecisive on the idea on whether to give him long-sleeved clothing or short-sleeved clothing, but as you can see I finally settled on short-sleeved clothing.
Jake: I darkened his hair color because I always thought his previous shade of black was too light. I always lightened the black when it came to hair color because I wanted the eyebrows to be visible, but having the lighter shade of black just bugged me. That white long-sleeved shirt from Chris was given to Jake instead, and he was given pants. Chris and Jake kind of switched.
Daisy: Let me just make it clear that I was really unsure as to how to develop her as a character when she was just a new creation (which was about six years ago.) She went from being a "popular pretty girl" to someone to pursued an interest in baking. Around late last year was when I decided to make her as a "rebel" kind of person. With that said, she was given a beanie, those shirts that show one of your shoulders, and a bit of a shorter skirt to really push that "rebel" idea. Her colors were darkened for the same purpose, and if you remember, her skirt pattern was changed back to the previous checkered pattern she had.
MandyI already noted her changes in a separate post. Just click on this sentence to see that post.
Danielle: Where do I even begin with her?! I've already made it known that updating her design has been hell for some time since I kept changing my mind about her appearance. It seems that I've finally found out why no outfit I gave her wasn't working. It was her body shape. In my head, I had a cute, shy kind of appearance in my mind when it came to her, and I've realized that her old body shape did not keep with that. By changing it to a slim, more petite kind of body shape, the idea of the cute, shy appearance I head finally came to fruition. With that change, the outfit she currently had all of a sudden worked.
Other changes include a small alteration of her belt, socks, a lighter skin tone.
Sally: First off, let's discuss her sundress. For the most part, not much really changed except showing a bit more skin around the neck and a white under shirt. The belt was also altered in design (to push a girly kind of look) and color. For her cheerleader uniform, they now both match the same shade of blue, the stripes' color changed to white with a thin light blue stripe in the middle. The skirt was given more details as well.
Alyssa: Not much as really changed besides more details on her jean shorts and darkening her colors. As of right now, I'm kind of toying around with the idea of giving her shorter hair to push the idea of her being a tomboy, but obviously it hasn't made it here. I'm still tinkering with the idea, so who knows? Maybe that'll be a new major change for her.

I can't promise they'll stay this way forever, but they really have changed a lot, appearance wise. Of course they're all still subject to little tinkering in small design elements and coloring, but for the most part I'm extremely confident that their designs are basically at a good place where they'll stay pretty constant for a while.
I have plans to extend this line-up which will include the other remaining three male characters, thus completing this line-up's full cast. I don't know when I'll get to them since at this point, I'm really tired of looking at these characters for so so long.

I have more characters that I have got to put through this extensive designing process, so you'll see other different characters coming in soon around here.