Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Paid Commission?!

I'd never thought I'd be offered to do a paid commission in my life, but it happened.
What a way to start 2016!

A friend of mine called me to action, which was to create a banner for his social media (primarily for his Twitter and Twitch) that required to have a caricature of him and links to his Twitter and Twitch. We discussed and such, and I showed him early on what direction I was thinking about going to, and he loved it.
It took me some hours on Friday to start and figure out how things will look and be composed, and from 12 to about 3:30AM to finish off the rest on Sunday (or Monday, since it was after midnight.)

He totally loved the end result, which is seen here:
I was going to block out his social media links, but whatever. Hooray for free advertising!

As for pricing, I'm not entirely sure what to charge. I'll edit this post once I figure it out, but for now I'm just totally stoked that I did my first paid commission!