Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Summer Update

Whoa! It's been awhile since the last post!
Well for me it feels like it's been awhile.

So what's new? I left my job so I can fully concentrate on my art/career this summer break! I'm glad to fully veg out while doodling. I set myself some goals to do over the summer:

-Work on a new animated video (more on that in a future post)
-Write/draw/publish a comic book (again, more on that later)
-Finally put together a portfolio with the guidance of some of my teachers (in progress)
-Work on more drawings, stories, storyboards, portfolio pieces, getting exposure

I'll create another blog to use as my site for a portfolio; that will be done later this summer. I'll be sure to link that here once everything is ready. I'm hoping to at least start applying to art gigs soon after I get my portfolio thing up and running.

As of right now, my first project is doing turnarounds for my characters - all 16 of them! The entire cast of Propinquity, Austin & Jennifer, and Class of 2422. Soon after, I'll progress development on the Mr. Ridiculous story, my upcoming animation, and on the comic book project. Hopefully I can get through it all with my handy dandy Cintiq! (Not that having a Cintiq makes you a better artist or anything; it just makes my digital art process a lot easier)

I will be sure to update the blog on any new development and with any new drawings to share! Be sure to follow my personal Twitter/Instagram pages for a more up-to-date status on things at @animatedslacker!

Speaking of social media links, I've got to update that page soon.