Sunday, January 27, 2019

Class of 2422 Logo Redesign

Since all I need to redraw for the Class of 2422 character line-up are Robert and Marilyn, I decided to start the process of redesigning the logo for the series. I was really happy with how it came out when I first completed it about two years ago, but looking at it now I think it's time for an update.

This time around, I want to really capture the Googie/atomic age look for the project's logo; below is a digital sketch page of a bunch of different design ideas I threw out from looking at a ton of reference pictures:
I'm really digging the sketches I have here so far. Part of the battle is to figure out the typography, which was something I struggled with the first time around. I'm hoping I won't have a tough time with it this time, but we'll have to wait and see; as of now, I want to figure out the actual look I want for the logo before diving into the typography of it all.

Also, this upcoming week I'll be starting school again so this blog might go into another period of silence (it doesn't help that I also have a dumb job), but as usual I'll strive to post any updates on my projects.