Friday, March 9, 2018

Animation Practice: The Ridiculous Escape

Before I start this post, I'd like to say that this post here marks the 500th blog post! We're halfway to the big 1000 posts! I never thought I'd make it this far!
Let's keep going another 500 post!

Last post, I brought up that I gave myself a monthly challenge of doing some animation practice in order to gain what one of my professors called "frame mileage." I realized that I've been lacking in doing animations, which is pretty hypocritical of me since I'm the idiot claiming I want to be an animator.
Even though February ended, I was still working on last month's practice a bit in the beginning of March. I soon realized that school has been so damn busy for me lately that I decided to post February's animation piece unfinished.
It's a short animation piece of Mr. Ridiculous in a daring escape. "Daring" is a bit of an overstatement since it's pretty underwhelming. While working on this, I had an idea for a long sequence that I wanted to do, but seeing that I started this so late last month, and the fact that I was really occupied with school, it was impossible to animate the longer sequence.

Now that March is here, it's time to start a new animation bit! I'll need to come up with something fast, because I don't want to start it later in the month again.