Saturday, February 24, 2018

A Monthly Sort of Challenge

I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, but for 2017 I gave myself the hefty goal to create three animated videos within the year. Obviously, I never hit that goal; the one animated video I started last year ended up being completed and posted early this year (Life-Saving Facts.)

Looking back, creating an animated video really does take a ton of time, which is difficult to achieve while still going to school as a full-time student. Plus, it had been awhile since I'd done animating when I started "Life-Saving Facts." As a result, I wasn't too happy with how that video came out because I know I could have done better.

I've decided back in December 2017 that for the next year, instead of doing hefty projects like full animated videos, I'll do monthly character animation practices instead. I figured they're not that heavy in workload and at the same time, I can hopefully improve my animation skills, something I've really wanted to do for some time now.

I know it's late in February, but I just started the first character animation piece for the month; hopefully I can finish as much as I can before the month is up. I started late because I'm still trying to get used to the semester right now. I figured whatever animation I have done at the end of the month I'll post anyways.

See ya at the end of the month! Hopefully sooner!
I'm close to finishing the redrawing of the Propinquity line-up!