Sunday, February 18, 2018

Lucina Illustration (Inktober)

Recently, I completed an illustration of Lucina, a character from the video game series "Fire Emblem!." Here's the final illustration along with the Inktober drawing.
As seen above, I created this drawing of this character initially for Inktober of 2017. After October ended, I tasked myself to go back to pick some of my favorite ink drawings. I wanted to spend my November of 2017 redrawing and coloring my favorite drawings digitally.
This Lucina drawing was the first one to start that process; however, this one was a weird case. I started this digital illustration in October 2017, and it was a long, frustrating process since I was being such a perfectionist and I was experimenting with different styles and coloring processes.
After many many weeks (and probably months), I finally decided last week to completely redo the artwork. Funny enough, after restarting the drawing, it only took just two days to complete the art above the Inktober drawing.

One of the main reason this Lucina drawing was the first one in a line of a handful of chosen favorites to redrawing/color digitally was because my cousin really likes this particular character, and I sort of took it as a commission unofficially.
I even make two prints of the finished artwork! One for him and one for myself! I normally don't do prints for my artwork at all, so those prints could be considered pretty "rare" since there's only two in existence...unless I make more prints, though it's highly unlikely.

Be on the look out for more remastered Inktober drawings soon!