Thursday, March 23, 2017

New Shoe Designs!

I've recently became self-aware of the fact of how I draw my characters' shoes, which are basically like this half circle look. After recently bumping up the costume design of all my characters, I've noticed that the shoe design for everyone is lacking.

For the last month or so, I've done a small study on shoes and the many different designs they have; I'm still kind of studying their designs/colors right now, but I've started implementing what I've learned onto small selection of my characters, which I'm currently expanding on.
This is noticeable on the recently redesigned characters, Austin and Jennifer. They don't have the typical kind of footwear I usually put, but rather they have designed out sport shoes and simple sandals, respectively!

I'm slowly doing the same to the Propinquity line-up right now, but here's a sneak peak of the changes I'm planning to set:
In this case, Sally's shoes went from the usual basic half circle design everyone has to something that suits her more with who she is and what she does, which in this case is cheerleading. In this case, I've set her up with white athletic shoes that cheerleaders typically wear.

That's all I have for now! Look forward to the full completed set!