Friday, February 5, 2016

I WAS A FAMOUS ANIMATOR YOU KNOW

I'm pretty sure I've talked about this several times.

Before May of 2013, I was part of this small online community called "Flipnote Hatena," where users could create short, amusing animations with a Nintendo DSi application called "Flipnote Studio." I joined this service back in 2009 where over the period between 2009 and 2013, I was a regular posting user that slowly gained a pretty decent following; by the end of the service, I reached about over 13,000 followers and was one of top 100 ranked users in the community.
I moved on after the service ended, but every now and then I like to search myself up on Google and see if my traces on the service is around somewhere online. Here's some screenshots of my mentioning around around:
(Note: I used to go by the name of "Limelight" in the community)
(The first two results are my old animations re-uploaded by others on YouTube)
And of course, here's the link to an interview I did when I was chosen to be "Hatena's Featured Artist," which I did when I was about 13 years old, so forgive me and my crappy answers, heh heh.

It wouldn't be a proper end-of-the-service party without some kind words from some the amazing fans I had:
I had a good run, but that's behind me now.
Here I am, back as a nobody. I never really saw myself as one of the "popular creators" on the service, but after the community ended, I realized that I really did have an audience that truly loved my cartoons and humor and whatnot, and all those years I spent on the service helped me grow to who I am today. My experience on that service taught me how to become a better animator and made me realized that I wanted to pursue a career in animation.

Well, that's enough blasts from the past for now.