Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Falling Apart

No matter how well you respond to it, everyone's going to be criticized on something.

In my Character Design class, we had to turn in our sketchbook that we have to do (which I am still not use to doing). Most of my drawings were kind of rushed, which means I really shouldn't care what the teacher had to say about them because I knew they were crap and I still don't have a solid idea on how exactly we're suppose to draw our characters (because since it's a character design class, we have to draw characters for our sketchbook.)

Main point is, he said some things that for some reason seem to kind of insult me, which I take fault for feeling that way since that class is really the first time I'm surrounded by artists that are better than me at something I do a lot and that the fact that I've been 99% "self-taught" on a lot of aspects of drawing without any input/advice on improvements from any artists.
He said that I needed to show some construction lines (okay, I agree), that some of my characters are flat (whatever that means, but okay), and finally that my characters seem to "fall apart," whatever the hell THAT means.

I know that I shouldn't let that bother me, but it kind of does which is stupid since I already know very well that what I drew was crap just to get by.
The point of this post isn't to show any kind of hate towards criticism on what I get (because that's how you improve), but rather to show this drawing that was inspired by that line of critique: