Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Almost Down with the Third Book

Like I've probably mentioned awhile ago, I'm very close to finishing up my current sketchbook. I can now confirm that I'm the last two pages of my sketchbook!
I'm not sure if I brought up the fact that this is my third sketchbook that I'll fully complete (besides saying so in the title).

My first sketchbook was just a regular ol' red notebook, which looks pretty beaten up as a matter of fact. That sketchbook lasted from around September 2009 to April 17, 2012.
The big deal about this one is that it's the first sketchbook that I've ever fully completed. I've tried to do that before, but it never really worked out, which also kind of explains why it took forever to fill out about 120 sheets. Something like this is definitely a personal treasure to me.

My second sketchbook looks just like my current one, except it looks older because it was an old sketchbook my dad had for awhile, but never used it. That one went from April 19, 2012 to May 8, 2013. The almost-completed current one dates from June 13, 2013, and it's expected to be completed before September ends.

As you probably noticed, after my first red sketchbook, I've gotten better at completing sketchbook faster, regardless of the fact that my current and last sketchbook have more than 120 pages.
It's pretty awesome to see the evolution of my drawing style and skill improve right before my eyes.