Thursday, April 16, 2020

March Animation Practice - Rotoscope on Me

Hey! Sorry I'm late with this one! With the long tedious rotoscoping process and the coronavirus stuff kicking in mid March, this animation process was slowed down a bit.

But it's finally done! Thank goodness! It was such a slow-moving process, but I think the end result is worth it. See for yourself! (Oh, and enjoy that rare cameo of me in the animation!)
It's no secret that A-Ha's "Take On Me" music video was a huge influence on this one. I recently re-watched the video after not watching it for the longest time, and of course I always come out really impressed by it.
During the month of February, the idea of trying out rotoscoping was something that kept bugging me. Once March rolled around, I started on it as soon as I can since I knew it would take a while to complete. It was kind of a good time to start since the music video recently hit one billion views, so this was a nice way to honor such a popular video.

Hopefully, this will be the last time you guys see my irl hairy grizzly face.