Sunday, December 30, 2018

Nevadri Redesigning Process - Part 1

Before I started the fall 2018 semester, I was working on redrawing the updating the "Class of 2422" character line-up. With school and dumb work getting in the way, that process slowed down incredibly.

The one character I was working on at the time school/work started was the alien character named Nevadri. He was in a limbo state because of everything goin' on.
Once I started to pick him up and experiment with his character, personality, and design, I found that I couldn't stop drawing this E.T.! He ended up being a ton of fun to draw/explore!

Here's some pages of doodles and exploration!
I wanted to create a more appealing, easy-to-draw design than its current state, so here you can see the different design paths I was playing with.
I was really digging the design where he had two antennas in his head, but I figured that might have resembled Plankton's character from the show Spongebob.