Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Old Sketchbook Pages 17

Back again with more old drawings! For the 17th time!

Before you go on, I wanted to let you know that I'll be stopping with posting pages from my old sketchbook for now! Once I'm less busy, I'll continue with posting more pages since we're about half way through with this sketchbook!
I have an old doodle for a vehicle, the Japanese title/logo I came up for my "Propinquity" series, a full page of doodles which include Nevadri, a hoverboard, and Marilyn.

Regarding the Japanese logo, it reads "Tada Nakama," which means "Just Friends" or "Simply Friends." Normally, the word "friend" in Japanese is "tomodachi," but in this context it's a term that means friends, comrades, allies, etc., but with a stronger connection(s) towards one another. With this context, it can pretty much (in my opinion) be along the same lines with propinquity's definition. The logo is not the final design, but it definitely won't be that intense-looking; it'll most likely look like its English counterpart.