Sunday, June 5, 2016

Animating on 2s

So for my next animated video, I'm stepping up my process on how I create animations. One of these changes is animating on 24 frames per second. Of course, drawing 24 frames is labor-intensive, so that's when I decided to animate with 2s.
Animating on two's is basically drawing 12 frames in a 24fps setting; each drawing is repeated twice.

I used Flipnote Studio 3D to play around with going on 2s just to see how the result will turn out. First, I created a basic little line work for a character I'll be animating:
Then I went over each frame and drew a cleaner version of the animation. In this case, I used Danielle for the animation.
When I created this animation, I went on 9fps, which in terms of Flipnote Studio 3D it goes pretty fast. It contains 22 frames, so I drew 11 drawings overall.
Here's how it came out:
I really really really love how it came out! Obviously, it may vary when I actually go animate on 2s with 24fps in a Flash environment, but I'm sure it'll come out just as fine as how it came on here.

And on that note, I have a new video in the works!