Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sketchpad Doodles

Not too long ago, I started carrying around a small sketchpad.
Unlike my regular sketchbook, it won't contain comic strips or drawing that have a joke or anything in that nature. It will simply have drawings of cartoons and other things that I've drawn out whenever I'm bored or have the time.
Here's a page I'd like to share:
It's one of my favorite pages so far, but that's probably because I don't have much yet.
The top drawing is some design for a typical grandmother that I thought up of, while the bottom drawing is the redesigned appearance of a character I created a while ago named Sally, but that's kind of obvious since I wrote that on there, heh heh heh.

I try not to go back and redesign appearances of any character that I've been working on for a really long time, but it kind of had to be done in this case because her original appearance was very similar to Danielle's appearance and that since this character has a "peppy" kind of personality, the original appearance in my opinion didn't seem to reflect that personality.
Now it does, doesn't it?