Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Flipnote Studio 3D

About a year ago, Nintendo announced "Flipnote Memo," which is the 3D counterpart for "Flipnote Studio."
One year later, Nintendo finally shed some light on the app. Now called "Flipnote Studio 3D," the animation application returns and is coming soon to the Nintendo 3DS this summer.
How this is relevant is 1) I got my start in animating on Flipnote Studio and 2) I own a 3DS, have been waiting for this announcement for, like, ever. I guess you can say...I'll be a 3D animator.

Any who, I bring this up because I was a frequent user of its online community, Flipnote Hatena. I've been posting for about three years, gained a little popularity, and slowly stopped posting. With the new 3D app, a new online community will launch, but sadly, Flipnote Hatena will shut down on May 31st. The Flipnote Studio app will still be around, of course, but its online community will close.
Even though everything here might sound irrelevant to this blog, I had my first start with an audience with Hatena. It's like kind of my first everything involving animation.

It's sad knowing Flipnote Hatena has a due date.