Saturday, November 14, 2020

October Animation Practice - Pumpkin Haircut

I'm back with October's animation practice!
In this short bit, a pumpkin meets with a barber. I wonder what kind of stylish cut he will get? This time around, my voice acting makes an appearance.
Besides the fun joke that plays out here, I wanted this month's animation to look like an animated comic strip, complete with word bubbles and everything. Right from the start, I gave myself the non-serious challenge of completing this animation in less than a week; I started this one a few days before Halloween, so I was aiming for a completion date of either October 31st or November 1st/2nd.
Obviously I never hit those dates as I finished this on the 11th.

Going back on this looking like an animated comic strip, I drew it out initially as a rough comic strip (or a storyboard) to have a base for the pumpkin designs and how it would play out. Here's that rough strip:
I had a completely different idea for October's animation, but I feel like that idea would bring the animation to be about 30 seconds to about a minute long. Anything at that length would be qualified to be posted on my YouTube (which I promise I'll update with a new video whenever I get the idea/chance.)
As a matter of fact, I'm still unsure if I should post these animation practices on the Doji Pocket YouTube channel. Maybe as a compilation? I dunno yet.

I currently have no idea what to do for November's animation. Guess we'll see what I come up with next month!