Sunday, January 11, 2015

Austin and Jennifer

I finally went ahead and started a comic series on Tapastic! As the title of the post says, the series is titled "Austin and Jennifer," and it's about a sports-fanatic brother, an artistic sister, and their life, always harassing each other and whatnot because we all know brothers and sisters get along so well.
I created the page for the series awhile ago, and the first episode is finally online, so go check it out here, but because I'm nice, it's here also.
I have to be honest, since I pre-type a lot of my blog posts, this post was originally suppose to be posted before I actually started publishing on Tapastic, but there was a small delay since at the last minute I decided to do a small alteration of Austin's appearance, which is a notable difference between this and the published strip(if you actually went to check out the page). It was a bit of a hassle since I had already created three comic strips for the series.
The above strip was placed in this post before I drew up three more strips and did the alterations. More episodes are coming soon so stay tuned!

To give more in-sight, this particular comic strip is entirely based off another comic strip that I wrote not too long ago, which will go up a little bit later after this post. I wanted the first episode in the series to not be based off of another comic I created, but considering this is the first episode in the series, I figured it's got to be very funny and would reel the reader in to read more, so I went with copying myself. *sigh*
If anyone's a regular reader, you already know my weird obsession with trying to be original in everything, which I know is an impossible task, but bear with me here.

Of course, it's not going to be a series that's entirely going to be recreations of other comic strips I've created before.
Funny enough though, when I usually create characters, they undergo through some sort of development period that seems to never end.
Not with these characters though.
Let's see how that turns out.