Saturday, February 22, 2014

Design Class Designs: Character Drawing

To be honest, I was deciding to withhold this one from being posted because I forgot one important element of this assignment. Oh well. I don't think it's a big deal anyways. I saved this one for last because I thought it'd be a good transition to introduce some characters I've created that I use regularly.
This assignment is actually one of the first few assignments we ever did in class. What we had to do was choose any cartoon character, trace parts of them, and put those parts together to form our choice of character. We could have either chosen an existing character or scan a drawing. I chose to scan a drawing and this here's the end result:
What I forgot to include was the image where he was separated into different pieces, but I guess the "put-together" image is good enough.
Looking at it now, I notice that his right arm looks kind of long. It doesn't look too bad though.

So to introductions! I knew you've seen him before, and yes he has a name! His name is Christopher Lagirdam, or Chris for short. He's one of the main characters out of a cast of characters I've created. It's good to know who he is, because you're going to see a lot more of him.
I won't go into any more details about him because personally, I think it's better to gradually know someone over time instead of being bombarded about everything about them at once, in terms of introducing an original character.