Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Doodles of Future Days

I'm not sure if anyone remembers (since I stopped talking about it awhile ago), but recently, I've started again on developing a series which has a setting of the year 2422. Before, minimal work on the series was done and I had little to show for it.
Well, kicking myself to work on it eventually worked, because I'm at a full swing at it. Now I'm currently developing all the characters, including two new characters that didn't exist before! So that's new...

Anyways, at this point, the characters are close to being done, with their personalities, appearances, and all, and now I'm getting to that point where I give them the free will to develop on their own. It may sound weird, but believe it or not, I've learned some things about the characters that even I had no idea about! It sounds weird, but that's kind of what I do.

Finally moving away from characters, I've done some drawings about the technology and how the world will look about 400 years from now, and I've got to say, it was pretty tough not copying from Doctor Who and Futurama. This was the result for the tech of 2422:
Crappy picture, I know, but at least the writing's hard to see, which is what I wanted. Of course, in the future, there's your typical hoverboards and flying cars and whatnot; but I also kinda came up with my own things. School-related things, since the series takes place at a high school. I'm still working on this subject matter, so this is all I have, for now.

Now moving on to the appearance of the campus, which I gotta say, I'm pretty damn proud of. It's not the entire campus, but it's a good view of the school's main building:
Why I'm so proud of this is that this is the first time I drew something that looks near exactly how I pictured it in my mind. Why is this such a big deal? Well, I've always had trouble with drawing something exactly like how I pictured it in my mind. There were many occasions which involved me being frustrated when I can't draw something that I pictured in my mind. God, those were dark days...

That's pretty much where I'm at in the series' development. Of course, this isn't the only series I'm working on. Compared to this other thing I'm working on, this project's a totally young project! I mean, I'm been working on this since last year, but the other project has been in development for about four years now!

That's all on the talk about my series, in general and in this specific one.