Saturday, July 27, 2013

Back to the Pocket

Maybe some of you guys know, or maybe not, but I love Back to the Future! Best movies ever, next to Wreck-It Ralph, which is another equally amazing movie.
I bring this up because awhile ago, I decided to give myself a project to work on, which is to create movie/game posters of my favorite movies/games using my characters(which I still haven't properly introduced to you guys)

Here's a poster of Back to the Future:
It was created on the Nintendo 3DS with an app called "Colors! 3D." If following this blog for awhile, you probably would've guessed that. It looks fantastic in 3D.

I tried really hard on not making the background all plain and one-colored.
This was completed awhile back, so looking back at it now, I'm thinking to myself now, "Gawd, it's so semi-awful."
I've been meaning to share this awhile ago anyways.
I think I did a decent job, though. I was planning to create some sort of "series" of these, so for example, I was gonna do a Cave Story poster, maybe a Wreck-It Ralph one; I don't know anymore. I was actually working on a Cave Story one, but I became stumped on matching my characters with the characters in the game, which is kind of the reason I stopped on doing something like that.
Eh, I'll probably skip that one and carry on.

I will admit though, I had zero references on any buildings, or the train, so I'll admit, some things are not screen-accurate.
At least I tried.